Saturday, April 7, 2007

Do you how fortunate you are?

I spent the whole morning and afternoon finishing up my assignment. It is contradicting that a self-proclaimed motivated individual has difficulty in writing a 2000 words essay on motivation. While I was racking my brain on my assignment, I was also surfing the net. Out of sudden, somtething flashed to my mind. I remember I attended a free seminar by Adam Khoo some months back and he mentioned a lady who had stroke in 2000 after conceived her third child. She lost her memory and ability to work. She brushed shoulder with god of death, went into desolation and depression. At the point of time, what she had gone through was something that we are not able to understand and feel. The state of helplessness and hopelessness she was in could mean an end for many people. With the support from her family and friends, her health blooms back to what she used to be before her stroke. To others, it may be a miracle but it is her determination to overcome the adversity, her strong desire and belief that she will recover plus the unconditional love, support and encouragement from her family that nurse her back to health. Coming to think of myself, I am so fortunate and yet I have been taking things which are unreachable to some for granted. Be contented with what you have now but constantly seek for improvements. The heroine in this story is Chiat Min and her blog can be reached at Her Recovery Story

No comments: