Monday, May 7, 2007

My Last Day of Tuition

Today is my last day of tuition with two kids who are brothers. They are Secondary 1 and Primary 4 students, very well behaved and attentive during lessons. Though their results are mediocre, they are one of my best students which I have tutored over the years. Due to the coming hectic work schedule, I have no choice but to stop tutoring them. I have promised their mum that I would tutor them if there is a chance and I hope I could in the future. Though young at age, they are very warm hearted and the big brother would constantly ask if I wanted a refill of drink during the 2 hour 30 minutes lesson. This small gesture, though insignificant to most, impresses me a lot. How many kids nowadays would be so attentive and considerate? They gave me a handphone holder as a parting gift and I am really touched by the sentences that they wrote on the bookmark which was attached with the handphone holder. It says "Thank you teacher for your patience and kind teaching." A short sentence like this shows that the effort I put in from the past is all worthwhile.

Well, with no tuition at the moment, I can also allocate more time for my internet business.

No comments: